Director of Family Ministries
To lead middle school students into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ by creating environments where students can…
- Prioritize their relationship with Jesus Christ
- Influence their friends
- Experience personal ministry
- Leads Middle School Team at Journey Christian Church while keeping our church’s vision and mission at the forefront of their department
- Responsible for the development of staff and volunteers
- Works with the family ministry and student ministry team to set long term goals for curriculum (large group and small group, specific)
- Provides vision and oversight for all things pertaining to the Middle School environment at Journey (including, but not limited to: special events and special Sundays)
- Development of Transit volunteers and staff
- Facilitates healthy team dynamics amongst volunteers and staff
- Recruits, manages, trains, and schedules communicators for Transit
- Leads team to ensure continuity of message from 6th-8th grade
- Oversees Transit budget
- Contributes to hiring and evaluating of Transit staff
- Utilize individual gifts and talents (ex: speaking, music, curriculum, writings, etc.)
- Prioritize and pursue his/her own relationship with Jesus Christ as a model to the rest of the staff, volunteers, and students
- Continually develops and demonstrates an authentic personal faith
- College degree and 3 years proven experience in leading student ministry
- An outgoing, highly-relational leader with a proven love for students and working with others
- Zeal for ministry. Demonstrates and injects energy into the environment, highly driven and achievement oriented, demonstrates an expectation of excellence
- High level of skill in communicating effectively, both orally (on and off stage) and written
- Proficient computer skills including Google Apps, Word, Excel, and email applications
- Ability to use initiative and independent judgment within established policies and procedural guidelines
- Ability to exercise tact and discretion in preparing, handling and disclosing information of a confidential, controversial and/or sensitive nature
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of the organization
- Ability to manage projects and work through all of the details
- Ability to efficiently respond in a calm and effective manner to a variety of demands and projects
Full-Time Employment Benefits
- Full health insurance
- Matching retirement
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Eleven paid holidays
- Paid vacation
Journey is a Strategic Partner with North Point Ministries based in the Atlanta, Georgia area. Our mission is to invite and lead people into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ. Our vision is straightforward: To be a church that unchurched people love to attend. Our strategy is to create environments where people are encouraged and equipped to pursue intimacy with God, community with insiders, and influence with outsiders. We keep these things in mind in all that we do.
Our church began in 1995 under the name “Countryside Christian Church” with a dream to have a positive impact in our community. For the first 10 years we met in various school facilities in the Midlothian, Virginia area. We began construction on a new campus in 2003 and moved into a new facility by July 2005. In 2007 we went through a “rebirth” of sorts and adopted a new name: Journey Christian Church. As a part of that process, we re-evaluated the focus and direction of our church and began the work of transitioning into a church whose primary objective was inviting and leading people who normally don’t go to church into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ. We wanted to create environments that were effective at helping people discover and develop their faith. As a result, Journey has continued to grow each year and has twice been named (2011 & 2017) one of the 100 fastest growing churches in America by Outreach Magazine. Beyond all of the growth, what we’re most excited about are the hundreds of changed lives, marriages, and families we’ve witnessed over these years.
During the transition which began in 2007, we adapted a model of ministry made popular by North Point Community Church (Alpharetta, GA). After four years of sharpening and focusing our efforts in this model (20072010), we pursued and entered into strategic partnership with North Point Ministries (NPM) in August 2011. The purpose of strategic partnership is to leverage North Point’s experience and network of like minded churches in order to maximize our effectiveness at leading people into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
Through the years, our focus remains on our mission of inviting and leading people into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ. By 2010, our leaders were faced with a challenge: in just five years, we had outgrown our (new) campus! As we explored our various options, a decision was made in late 2010 to relocate. As an intermediate step in that relocation, in August 2011 we moved our Sunday services to a local high school. A search for a new permanent campus location led us to the former Costco Warehouse located in Midlothian, VA. Renovations to the old warehouse began in April 2016 and we celebrated the grand opening of our new campus on February 5, 2017.
To be considered for this position, interested and qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and 3 references. If you have a personal website please send the proper link. Send all application materials to JobOpening@journeyrva.com.