12 Hours, Monday – Friday
Assist the Transit (middle school) Director in their leadership of a developing and growing middle school student ministry by providing excellent project management skills, attention to detail, efficiency, organization, interpersonal skills, decision making, and communication skills (verbal and written).
- Provide administrative support for the Transit Director.
- Provide necessary administrative support for all events and special sundays
- Summarize and prepare miscellaneous agendas, reports, and ancillary documents when necessary
- Develop recommendations for improving departmental operations and procedures
- Help to maintain appointment schedules and calendars and provide reminders as appropriate
- Follow up on assignments given to departmental staff and provide status reports to Transit Director
- Research assistance, data gathering, fact checking
- Conduct meetings in the absence of Transit Director
- Report and file expense receipts
- Dedicated to Journey’s vision, mission, and strategy
- Excellent computer skills and eager and comfortable utilizing technology
- Skilled in planning and organization, able to multitask, detail oriented
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of the organization
- Skilled in verbal and written communication including composition, editing, and proofreading
- Flexible, patient, and able to adapt to change
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Proficient computer skills including Google Apps, Word, Excel, and email applications
- Event planning
To be considered for this position, interested and qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and 3 references. If you have a personal website please send the proper link. Send all application materials to JobOpening@journeyrva.com.