Rooted Serve Experience Administrator
The Rooted Serve Experience Administrator reports to the Director of Group Life / Rooted Serve Experience Coordinator and is responsible for the administrative components the Rooted serve experiences. Their duties include:
- Assist Rooted Serve Coordinator to:
- identify local community organizations
- Stay up-to-date on new community organizations
- Provide summary one-pagers to Rooted Serve Experience Coordinator for each organization
- Assist in scheduling appointments and following up with meetings regarding partnership with organizations
- Identify and schedule all Rooted Serve Experiences
- Assist in communicating initial details of the serve opportunities to Rooted group leaders, by week 2 of each Rooted season.
- Assist in the facilitation of the Rooted serve experience orientations.
- Volunteer release forms required by Journey and specific organizations
- Obtain details of the serving opportunity – what will be done, is it kid/family friendly, what are physical requirements?
- Be mindful that we will need a variety of different types of serving opportunities for people of various abilities and ages.
- Working with Rooted group leaders, assign teams to each serving opportunity and get group leader commitments and sign-ups for each serving opportunity.
- Coordinate snacks/waters/food for pre serve day orientation.
- Coordinate with the Rooted Coordinator to capture stories from the serve experience.
The Rooted Serve Administrator role is anticipated to be 10 hours/week initially.
- Excellent organization, communication, and planning. Highly detail-oriented.
- Highly relational and servant-hearted
- Ability to communicate externally to community partners and build relationships
- Team player, coordinating and communicating with staff and Rooted team members
- Commitment to the 7 Rhythms of Rooted
How To Apply:
To be considered for this position, interested and qualified candidates should submit the following:
- A cover letter
- Three references
Send all application materials to: jbotset@JourneyRVA.com