The facilities manager is responsible for the use, maintenance, and upkeep of buildings, grounds, equipment, machinery, and systems. The position plans, budgets and schedules facility modifications, new construction and renovation, including estimates on permitting, design, equipment, labor, materials and other related costs.
- Oversees the coordination of building space allocation and layout, facility use, and facility expansion projects.
- Initiates planned maintenance programs for a variety of equipment and mechanical components, including but not limited to, electrical, safety systems, and HVAC.
- Coordinate preventive maintenance and emergency maintenance of facility equipment, including HVAC, fire fighting, security, roof, electrical, plumbing, and other systems and equipment.
- Supervisory responsibility over facility cleaning and maintenance completed by selected contractors.
- Oversees the exterior maintenance, grounds-keeping and parking lot areas. Keep grounds clean and well-landscaped.
- Maintain records of all maintenance contracts and planned maintenance activity.
- Interview and hire various contractors for repairs, maintenance, and janitorial needs.
- Collect and manage all maintenance requests, event set-up requests, construction requests, and other facilities needs.
- Assist with developing the annual facilities budget.
- Use best practices to economize and reduce operating costs.
- Participate in planning, cost estimating, budgeting and scheduling facility modifications.
- Oversee and inspect construction and installation progress.
Facilities Manager Skills and Qualifications:
Bachelor’s degree in business management, facilities management, or related field preferred; problem-solving and analytical skills; time-management skills; large-scale commercial maintenance experience; familiarity with building upkeep, structural issues, and grounds maintenance; budgeting skills; interpersonal and communication skills; multi-tasking skills; organizational and planning skills; leadership skills; and ability to guide and motivate employees and contractors.
Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Standard days and hours of work are Sunday through Thursday, 8:00 a.m. to 4 p.m. The position requires on-call duty and the ability to respond to emergency calls or situations during nonstandard hours when the need arises.
How To Apply
To be considered for this position, interested and qualified candidates should submit the following:
- A cover letter
- Resume listing education and experience
- Three references
- Links to your social media profiles (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, personal website, etc.)
Send all application materials to: