We are looking for two part-time custodians to help us maintain our campus and keep it looking clean, bright, and welcoming. As part of our team, you will have the opportunity to help make a fantastic first impression on everyone who walks through our doors…and we only get ONE chance to make a first impression. More importantly, you will help us set the stage for people to meet Jesus by creating an inviting and welcoming environment – one to which we all can invite people and help lead them into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ!
It is important for our custodial staff to be careful and thorough in working, cleaning, and tidying the campus. The ideal candidate will be experienced in a custodial role focused on campus & building cleanliness and upkeep. They will have great physical endurance to cover our campus, a keen eye for detail, attention to detail, and diligence to the work being performed.
- Perform routine cleaning tasks on Sundays and throughout the week on a regular schedule created by the Facility Manager
- Use cleaning supplies and equipment to keep the interior of the building looking clean and professional
- Set up Student environments on Sundays
- Assist in setting up and tearing down environments for events as needed.
- Keep a running inventory of all cleaning supplies
- Submit purchasing requests when supplies are low.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- High degree of professionalism
- Proven experience as a custodian or in a similar role
- Knowledge of use and maintenance of industrial cleaning equipment and appliances
- Knowledge of the use and safe disposal of chemical liquids
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to lift objects up to 50 pounds
Work Schedule: up to 25 hours per week per person. Both will usually work on Sundays from 7:30 AM to 2:30 PM. Remaining hours each week will be allocated by the Facility Manager to the various weekdays for each person as required to to accomplish the cleaning tasks.
Pay Status: Part-Time; hourly
Compensation: Hourly pay rate commensurate with skill and experience. Compensation is paid bi-weekly on every other Friday via direct deposit and is subject to deductions for taxes and other withholdings as required by law or the policies of Journey Christian Church, Inc.
Benefits: This position does not meet the eligibility requirements for health benefits or for participation in the retirement or disability plans.
Important: To apply for this position, interested and qualified candidates should complete the job application at the link below. Once completed, save the application and send it as an email attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org.