Congratulations on your engagement and upcoming wedding!
We would love to help get you connected with a pastor that could officiate your wedding. Here are a couple of things that will be helpful for you to know.
- As a first step, the officiant request form must be completed below. We suggest 3 month advance request for an officiating pastor.
- Next, you will be sent a Pre-Wedding Questionnaire that you and your fiance must complete together and return to our office. This questionnaire will help our pastor(s) learn about you, your background, beliefs, how you met, and a some information about your courtship or dating experience.
- We require participation in a premarital mentoring program called Prepare: Enrich. It is a great program where you are referred to a trained mentor or couple for 4-8 feedback sessions in which the mentor helps the couple discuss the results of your customized, online assessment, and understand each other better. There is a cost associated with Prepare: Enrich and is simply based on who you are referred to for the mentoring.
- The pastor will request a meeting to discuss your responses to the Pre-Wedding Questionnaire. In the weeks leading up to your wedding, the pastor will request two additional meetings to talk through the specific details of your wedding ceremony.
- The pastor will attend and help facilitate the rehearsal, and will officiate the wedding ceremony.
- We recommend an honorarium of $400 for the officiating pastor.